Search This Blog

02/09/2010

Wednesday September 1st 2010 ~ Noisy Buses

On Saturday last, 20128 - a one time X1 regular - stands awaiting its fate at Great Yarmouth garage.
20109 in training guise at Yarmouth on August 9th. It has since disappeared from here. Alongside is 34921 which has clearly last seen use on an X1. Photos by A.N. Insider
Cheryl travelled on K2 this morning to see Ian who had spent overnight in hospital in King's Lynn and who was I'm pleased to say discharged with 'no fault found'. "37577 was my bus", she says "and despite me frantically waving at Bruce like someone possessed, he failed to notice me on board". Too busy looking at the number probably Cheryl. She continues "Don't be surprised if 577 gets taken off the road soon, as it was making some very strange noises from the back and I think they may be brake related". Ooerr ! Well turns out she was quite right, as it was taken off K2 at 18.27 and 37160 worked forward to Lowestoft.
Bruce says "I'm pleased to report that B12 20514 was still on K3 today, 11 late this morning passing me and absolutely no sign of 37571". Apparently it is having last minute vinyls fitted today Bruce. "I'm also delighted to tell you that The Beast was on K4 all day and 20126 was K14, although I have to reluctantly admit that it was 24 late passing me en route to Lowestoft this afternoon".
The delays were exacerbated at teatime when a broken down lorry caused chaos west of Lynn on the Pullover Road. K2 with 577 was 36 late from Wisbech on the 16.18 to Peterborough. For most of the day though X1s ran to time, indeed K17 14.18 departure was a minute early past me with 37574.
Noisiest bus of the day was 37159 on Y9 which clearly has the fan fault we've mentioned before.
20115 has been smartened up at Yarmouth and is seen here before return to service.

No comments: